Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is an autologous concentrated preparation of platelets and the associated growth factors in a small volume of plasma. Platelets are a natural source of a number of growth factors in their natural and biologically-determined ratios
Platelet Rich Plasma for Facial Rejuvenation
Natural skin rejuvenation for fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone, acne scars and volume loss.
Platelet-Rich Plasma derived from your own blood collected with Eclipse PRP High Concentration System
Minimal to no downtime. Mild swelling and redness in treated areas that may last a few hours/days. Bruising may occur.
$499/session. $1,200 for a package of 3 sessions.
Why should I get a PRP Facial Rejuvenation?
As the years pass, natural collagen production within the skin slows, leading to sagging, lax skin, and loss of volume. PRP injections stimulate collagen production deep within the skin structure to restore skin quality in a natural way. PRP injection therapy can work wonders in an all-natural approach.
When injected into the facial skin, PRP stimulates natural skin regeneration becoming visible over the weeks and months ahead. To trigger your skin produce higher volumes of firming collagen, PRP facial rejuvenation treatments can produce a remarkable improvement.
What are the benefits of PRP facial injections?
• Smooths fine lines, wrinkles, and folds
• Reduces hollowness and thinning of the skin under the eyes
• Angiogenesis- increasing circulation which is great for brightening undereye circles
• Regenerates skin from within
• Reduces redness and acne scars
• Enhances and evens out skin tone
• Increases hydration
• Increases collagen, elastin and fibroblast production
What do Platelets do?
Platelets release growth factors which regulate the healing cascade by signaling to surrounding cells to repair damaged tissue and regenerate new tissue. Key growth factors involved in this process include but are not limited to:
• Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF)
• Transforming Growth Factor group (TGF)
• Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF)
• Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF)
• Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF)
• Keratinocyte Growth Factor (KGF)
These growth factors are like signal callers that give instructions to your tissue to regenerate and multiply.
What is the process like?
This quick injection involves using your body’s own platelets in a very easy three-step process:
Step 1 – A special collection tube is used to draw your blood and is placed into a centrifuge.
Step 2 – The concentrated platelets are drawn up into a syringe.
Step 3 – Using a small needle, the platelets are then injected strategically into the areas that need improvement.
How do I prepare for my appointment?
- Arrive to your appointment with no makeup on.
- Please eat a normal breakfast or lunch the day of your PRP session.
- Drink a bottle of water (500 mL) at least 2 hours before your session.
- AVOID alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood increasing the risk of bruising).
- AVOID anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications ideally for a period of 2 weeks before treatment. Please consult with your primary physician prior to discontinuing any medications.
Post-treatment care and expectations?
- It is normal to experience bruising, redness, itching, swelling and/or soreness that may last from 2-5 days following your treatment. If you experience any pain or discomfort you may take Tylenol or other Acetaminophen-containing products as directed.
- You may have a bruise at the blood draw site.
- You may notice a tingling sensation while the cells are being activated.
- To avoid bruising continue to avoid aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Iburprofen, Naproxen, Voltaren and other anti-inflammatory medications for 2 days after your procedure if okayed by your medical doctor. Avoid alcohol and blood thinning agents such as vitamin E, vitamin A, Ginko, Garlic, Flax, Cod Liver Oil, Essential Fatty Acids and least 24 hours after your treatment
- Avoid vigorous exercise, sun and heat exposure for at least 2 days after your treatment.
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, swimming for 2 days after your treatment.
Questions? Want to book an appointment? Contact us!
1738 86th St.
Brooklyn, New York 11214
Mon - Sat, 11am - 8pm
Sunday, 12pm - 7pm